@Alan Major: Updated Pre Viz


Following the feedback given to me in my minor project feedback about my pre viz I have made some changes. One thing mentioned to me was that the metaphors were slightly less well timed towards the end. I started to fix this problem by firstly trying to think of ways I could connect the metaphors together more rather than just having the camera go from one to the next, like for example I thought about having the rowing boat go down a river that connects the boat metaphor to the lion metaphor. However it was then established that maybe I don't need any added extras but instead I just need to change the camera movements and the positions of some of the metaphors. This is everything I changed:


  • Rowing boat comes out from behind the ocean liner to its right as the camera can now pan to the rowing boat and then carry on in the same direction towards the lion metaphor, rather than having to change the direction it is panning in.
  • The camera pans straight forwards at the end of the road metaphor to reach the turtle metaphor rather than having the fly off to the side.
  • The camera pans up to reach the bottom of the mountain from the peacock and then pans up and around the mountain.
  • At the top of the mountain is the Emily character instead of the random ski person, and also while the camera is panning up the mountain you see the Emily character halfway climbing up the mountain.
I have also edited the sound of the pre viz and made most of the sound effects quieter as it was mentioned to me that they were too loud and were fighting with my voiceover. Also I tried to fix the jump in the audio during the opening and I faded out the music at the end, as these were also mentioned to me as things to fix.

With these changes the only things I have to change on my finished models is to flip which ways the boats are facing on the boat metaphor and change it so the Emily character is on top of the mountain.

Comments