Major: Rigging and texturing the turtle

I have rigged the turtle so that its head can emerge from its shell. I used a chain of joints through the head, neck and body, but broke the chain between the neck and body so that the neck can move independently. I bound the joints to the mesh and painted the weights and then I moved the head and necks joints and keyed them on the timeline to get an idea of how the head would emerge from the shell. Once I had done this I kept the positions I had keyed and used a set driven key to connect them to the main control so I could control the head movement only using one attribute. The main control controls the turtles translate, rotate, scale and visibility as well as the added attribute of controlling the head.





I then moved onto texturing the turtle. I laid out the UVs and brought the map into photoshop to paint on the texture.







Comments