Major: Rigging and texturing the robot

I rigged the robot by first creating a skeleton for it, including a chain of joints for the arms and claws, joints for the legs, 2 pelvis joints, neck and head joints and joints for the antenna. I bound each piece of the robot to the correct joint and painted the weights and then creating a control which controls the robots translate, rotate, scale and visibility as well as all the added attributes which control the specific parts of the robot. I limited these controls so that the parts of the robot can't be moved too far and 'break'.





I then moved onto texturing the robot. I duplicated the robot so I can texture one orange and the other purple. Before rigging I had laid out the UVs for the main body, eyes and dial as these are the things that have detail on them. For the rest of the robot I used surface shaders to texture it.







Comments