Major: Rigging and texturing the peacock

I rigged the peacock by first creating a skeleton which includes joints for the neck, wings, legs and tail feathers. I bound the joints to the mesh and painted the weights so everything moves smoothly. I then created a main control which controls the peacocks translate, rotate, scale and visibility as well as all of the added attributes which control the wings and feathers etc. I then used IK handles to rig the legs so that the peacock can bend and move its legs. I also created separate controls for each leg.


IKs

Peacock Main Control

Feather up and out


Feathers down and in

With wings out, leg out, feathers down and head and neck down
I then moved onto texturing the peacock. I had already laid out the UVs before rigging so I brought the map into photoshop to paint the texture.





Comments