Major: Rigging and texturing the fish

I rigged the fish by first creating a skeleton which includes joints for the tail and fins. I bound the mesh to the joints and painted the weights so that the tail and fins move smoothly. I then created a control for the fish which controls its translate, rotate, scale and visibility, as well as the added attributes of controlling the two tail joints and both fins. I also limited the controls for the fins so that the fin geometry can't move inside the fish's body.



Tail to the right

Tail to the left

Fins outwards

Fins inwards
 I then moved onto texturing the fish. I had already laid out the UV's for the fish before rigging it, so I took the UV map into photoshop and created a map for each different colour of fish.
Fish UV Map
 Blue Fish:


Green Fish:


Orange Fish:


Pink Fish:


Yellow Fish:


Animation test of fish swimming

All Fish

Fish in the scene

Comments