Major: Rigging and texturing the crab

I have rigged the crab so that it can walk. I created a skeleton with joints in the legs and claws. I then bound it to the mesh and painted the weights so the crabs joints bend smoothly. I then created a control for the crab which controls the crab's translate, rotate, scale and visibility as well as the added attributes of controlling all of the crabs legs and claws, which includes being able to rotate the 'knees', 'elbows' and pinch the claws. I also limited these added attributes so that the crab can't 'break' by the joints being rotated too far.

Crab rig

Crab control

Crab's joints moved to show capability
I then moved onto texturing the crab. I had already laid out the UVs before rigging the crab so I took the UV map into photoshop to paint the texture.





Comments