FSTS- Reflective Statement

Overall I am pleased with my outcome from this project. I feel like I have learnt quite a lot, and I am also pleased with my final outcomes. At the start of the project it was quite daunting to think about the amount of work there was to do in quite a short amount of time, but the OGR deadlines helped to break it up quite a bit.

Before the first OGR I had a story idea that I liked, but I learnt that having a good story means that lots of different things have to be taken into account, like having conflict in the story, and looking back now I can see that everything was a bit too nice in my first story idea. I ended up changing my story about 3 times, and I do like the story I ended up with.

Before the second OGR it was quite overwhelming with the amount of work needing to be done, but I believe that I was able to manage my time quite efficiently to ensure I got it all done. I did have some trouble when it came to designing my characters, as I ended up having to re-do them multiple times, and in the end I think I had got a bit confused about what they were suppose to be like, and so I would like to work on character design as a whole in future projects.

Towards the end of the project, having to alter my script and storyboard after the second OGR was quite stressful but after sorting that out I was able to put my animatic together and complete my pre-viz, which actually took less time than I thought it would.

I think that I liked creating the pre-viz the most, as I enjoyed turning my story's world into a 3D space and having the characters semi-interact with each other.

Finally, one thing that I have learnt is about the approach I have to my drawing style in that I need to be more firm and definite about the designs I create, especially when it comes to production art.

Comments