Invisible Cities Thumbnails 41-56

For theses thumbnails I tried out different types of digital drawing/painting in Photoshop to create different looking thumbnails and effects.

I focused on the 4 cities that I find the most interesting and the ones that I will probably pick from when it comes to picking my chosen city.

For these thumbnails I focused on line drawing in Photoshop

For these thumbnails I focused on using the paint brush tool on Photoshop


For these thumbnails I used the Lasso Tool to create shapes

For these thumbnails I used different layers to warp and blend them together

Comments

  1. the thumbs when you're using the lasoo tool are immediately more expressive than the line-drawings... I detect a bit of 'generic thinking' going on here when you're thinking and drawing buildings - lots of squares and rectangles - I think you need to look at more visual reference and try not to draw the shapes you associate with buildings, and instead think about all that a building can be... for example, here, Baucis looks like a conventional set of skyscrapers, but there's nothing to suggest that type of architecture in Calvino's text - indeed, if this was truly a city on stilts, it would probably be unlikely that the city was constructed of great heavy lumps of masonry... just because of the weight! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree I do need to think more about the shapes and styles of the buildings, I will find some more visual reference and see what I can come up with!

      Delete

Post a Comment