Character Design

 In our Maya lesson on Friday we worked on character design. We each got a type of character to work from - I got 'goth' -
After some initial research, we then had to randomly choose the number of legs, arms and eyes our characters would have - I chose 2 legs, 1 arm and 4 eyes.
We then had to create 8 character designs, based off of our criteria in the form of thumbnail sketches
After discussing it with others in the class, and thinking about which ones I liked best, I chose 3 of my initial thumbnail designs, and developed them further into more finished drawings


After, once again discussing it with my peers, I chose which character I wanted as my final design!


Over the coming weeks I believe we will be taking our final character designs into Adobe Illustrator!

Comments